ASTER Global DEM V2 Tutorial
The following are brief steps to assist you in ordering the ASTER Global DEM V2 data. Please refer to the tutorial at the top of the main WIST search page for more detailed instructions.
WIST URL: https://wist.echo.nasa.gov
- You must be a registered user to create and submit orders for ASTER GDEM V2 products.
- Login to your account
- Select the following options in the search Page:
- From Land Discipline: Select [ASTER] (This will populate the Category box definitions)
- From Category box: Select [ASTER Global Digital Elevation Model V002]
- Choose search area parameters: location or region
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “START SEARCH”
Note that you can only search for 1000 granules at a time. If there are more granules that match
your query, you will be first presented with the dataset results to your query. From this page,
check the box next to the ASTER GDEM V2 dataset and press the "List data granules" button to view your
result granule listing.
To find more than the 1000 granules returned, it is recommended that you refine your search parameters.
- Proceed to “Step 1” and select your desired granules.
- Press the “Add selections to cart” button to create your order contents.
- Accept the Data Quality Summary Disclaimer.
- Choose ordering option for data retrieval
WIST will report that the granules are not orderable if you have not logged in as a registered user.
- Check appropriate policy acknowledgements (required fields).
- If desired, select a different option to applying the order options to all granules or saving as order preference.
- Proceed and select “Next Step”. The data granules will now be accessible in your shopping cart.
- Select “Go to step 2: Order Form”
- You may be asked to fill out address location and billing information for verification. No charge will be associated with GDEM V2 data archives.
- Select "Submit Order Now!" to process your order.
- Wait for email confirmation to retrieve data via FTP.
- Follow email directions to retrieve data.